art

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I decided to bring a little bit of home to my home.

I took a little (by little, I mean loooong) walking tour of Mass Ave today and found a store that specializes in vintage maps and subway signs, mainly from the Boston and New York areas. They also sell art prints.

I got myself this lovely print of Brooklyn. I'm a sucker for good graphic design, ESPECIALLY if it's text based. It's probably because I'm not good at those things.

Also- I snagged the only sign they had for the N line (that's probably because it's the best line). I took that baby to high school every day, now I've got a little piece of it to put over my drafting table.

I'll be taking these down to the framers soon. I'm thinking a simple, black wood frame for the Brooklyn Print, but I'm not sure about the subway sign- maybe a metal frame so that it looks like it's still in a train.


 

blogger templates | By:dawer